Jan 29, 2011

Ahhhhh . . . Nature

A couple of weekends ago we headed up to the Ingebrigtsen's cabin. It is always so nice to get away. I mean seriously get away (no cell phone service). 
It's so fun to have Heidi back home for a little visit. Erik and I hadn't seen her in over a year. On Monday morning she joined us for a little cross country skiing and it was just as fun as the one time I did it last year :)
Erik was really feeling in touch with his inner cowboy. We're hoping the folks over at Marlboro might come across my blog and offer him the big bucks to be their next Marlboro man. 
It really is so beautiful up there. I mean don't you half expect Mr. Tumnus to come hopping around one of those trees? I know I did :) 
They have this pole with the mileage to places all around the world (each one with significance to a family member). Quite an impressive group of places if you ask me. Here we are pointing to our special places:
Sara - Tokyo (hope you didn't all forget about my awesome days in Japan)
Erik - Santo Domingo, The Dominican Republic
Heidi - Wuhan, China (She currently resides in England, quite the world traveler)
They even had a little birthday celebration for yours truly.
It's been a LONG time since we were all together as a family, definitely time for a picture of the whole crew.
It was just the refreshing weekend that I needed! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving their cabin! So cozy!

Unknown said...

I am loving their cabin! So cozy!

Natalie said...

great post miss sara! your husband seriously cracks me up- that is QUITE the mustache! you look hot (as always)- especially cross-country skiing yourself around. go you! oh, how i miss you though...